Poemattic believes deeply in the concepts of Acts of Kindness or Passing it Forward. We are proposing that WordPress bloggers and their followers join us in the 26 Acts of kindness movement by writing poems about kindness, fostering kindness, illustrating kindness or demonstrating kindness simply by writing a 26 word poem and sending it to Poemattic to publicize. Poemattic will post all types of formats and hints for you to follow.
Follow us on twitter and post your poems there as well. These are some of the Acts if Kindness that I have heard about so far.
- Collecting Money for Newtown Families.
- Paying for prescriptions for Seniors at a local Pharmacy
- Paying tolls for total strangers
Some of my favorite quotes about kindness:
Like kindness, a smile from the heart not only purifies the human mind but also illumines the human heart. – Sri Chinmoy
Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly
endless. – Mother Theresa
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness. – The Dalai Lama
Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair but manifestations of strength and resolution. – Khalil Gibran
No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted. – Aesop
The words of the tongue should have three gatekeepers: Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary? – Arabian proverb
You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late. –Ralph Waldo Emerson
- #26Acts of kindness: Third-graders rack up 115 good deeds (usnews.nbcnews.com)
- ’26 Acts of Kindness’ honors Newtown victims (myfox8.com)
- 26 acts of kindness honor CT fallen (abcactionnews.com)
- #26Acts of Kindness (sahbinahvioletflynn.wordpress.com)
- To Honor Newtown: Take The Pledge To Do #26Acts Of Kindness (thoughtcatalog.com)