Mighty winds whisper out loud for everyone to hear
“it time for all of you to leave, my dears”
the earth prepares for the great gathering
and formed is a colorful mosaic
the crimson’s restlessly await their destination
Will it be bunched up in a brown paper bag?
Or will someone blow them back under their tree of origin?
Will it rain and the weight press down and make them stick to each other ?
Or will an early snow fall freeze them until the spring thaw?
One last ivy leaf was painted on a wall
to save Johnsy’s life one windy fall
Fall’s last call can be very sad
but the beauty of its bright colors
delight the site and make us glad.
- Garden Mosaic: Creative Art Projects for Kids (allstate.com)
- Reproducing a tile mosaic on canvas, with acrylic paint (busybeebea.wordpress.com)
- Learning About Leaf Chromatography (chem.answers.com)
- Fall leaves (photo3bd.wordpress.com)
- The Last Leaf by O Henry (nanamelikyan1.wordpress.com)