Happy National Poetry Month!
“Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash.” –
– Leonard Cohen
A few suggestions for things you can do to honor the poets of the world.
* Read a poem to someone you love.
* Go to Poet.org and learn about A Poem in your Pocket
* Memorize just one line from a poem everyday.
* Post a short poem on Facebook or any other social media format you like.
* Write a poem for someone special.
* Email a poem to a friend.
*Check out your local library for programs that relate to poetry
* Dare to share a live video of yourself reading a few lines from a favorite poem. #mypoetryselfie.
* Finish this line: My heart leaps up when I behold …
and post it to my timeline or messenger and I will collect all into a large poem on April 30 as a culmination of Poetry Month. Write it in any language cause all languages matter.
* Simply make people aware of the celebration.
If you love music then you love a poet. Bob Dylan just received a Nobel Prize for his body of work as a songwriter.
So poetry is always in the air. It is never to late to become a poetry lover. Remember my friends poetry is life and life is poetry. Have a beautiful Poetry Month.
Poetry is life and a poet can be found anywhere. It is so delightful when poets are appreciated and celebrated. Poets interpret life for us on every level. In my earlier post I highlighted Michael Hoppe and his musical repertoire inspired by some of the best poets. I look for this inspiration everywhere I go and it does not fail; I manage to connect to that magical world each time. This place is such a place.
Melba Christie (C) 2013
See Poetry is Life by Melba Christie