Tag Archives: painting
“Lack of understanding; uncertainty,”
is the dictionary definition.
I can only express my rendition
with a mosaic of curved lines
which I myself cannot understand.
Cause I envision
But really all there is, is division.
Cause I dream
of a new idealism,
full of optimism,
perhaps a neologism
that prolonged confusion
The canvas awaits the luscious
wash of crimson, lavender and Ivy green
that even a rainbow would envy the scene
Reality or fantasy created
no one knows for sure
only the artist and the muse
who got together one afternoon.
I tried shaping up the other day
I stretched and stretched
and flipped and flopped
to get rid of the muffin top.
After three hours of sweat and tears
I convinced myself
I could not keep up
because of all my years.
So instead I went to my drawing pad.
Painting is what makes me glad;
no point in being sad
As you can see I did shape up after all.
This watercolor painting is very small and I wanted to add an element of surprise.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Saturated (kathyzhang37.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Saturated. (chocolatespoonandthecamera.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Saturated (ladyboyprompt.wordpress.com)
- Saturated (bluebrightly.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Saturated (kirstenhwhyte.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Saturated (nonsenserambling.wordpress.com)
- Shadow Jump (victoriakloch.wordpress.com)
Leaves fall today
each unique in every way
a squirrel frolics
Melba Christie (c) 2013
- Happy Autumnal Equinox, balance an egg! (penningtonplanetarium.wordpress.com)
- Autumn Equinox: 5 Odd Facts About Fall (livescience.com)
- Autumnal Equinox 2013 arrives on Sunday (VIDEO) (baltimorenewsjournal.com)
- Wishing All a Blessed Autumnal Equinox (cherokeebillie.wordpress.com)
- Sleepy Sundays: Autumnal Equinox (cardcastlesinthesky.wordpress.com)
- Happy autmunal equinox (melbasnaturalbydesign.wordpress.com)
There are as many nights as days,
and the one is just as long as the other
in the year’s course. Even a happy life
cannot be without a measure of darkness,
and the word ‘happy’ would lose its meaning
if it were not balanced with sadness.
What makes you happy? Please post your thoughts on Twitter or right here at Poemattic.
After reading this quote, I thought about the things that make me happy and better still what I can do to be happier. I believe the secret is this: be unafraid of change, savor the moment when big things happen but be the happiest with the small things. Small events happen every second of the day that may bring a smile to your face.
Accept happiness unconditionally. Restore what childhood and youth provided for us which is the ability to see beauty in many things. Most of the time beauty is present in the small things. Happiness will sneak up on us and we must learn to keep it close by.
Thoreau said to “keep pace with the drummer you hear, however measured or far away.” That drummer announces the happy and the sad and there lies the balance we need. So like the song says, “be happy, don’t worry.” Happiness is never far away.
These are a few of the things that make me truly happy and not necessarily in the order they are in:
- waking up to a gorgeous sun rise
- watching the trees sway
- a child’s chuckle
- my grandsons’ smiles
- my daughter’s eyes when she is happy
- my son when he calls just to say hello
- my family
- my husband’s tender look
- a field of aromatic lavender
- when I observe someone being compassionate
- a conversation with my best friend
- knowing I have been helpful to someone
- cooking for family and friends
- listening to old records or CDs
- a crunchy apple
- a vase full of fresh cut daisies
- happiness (urdamage.wordpress.com)
- We are the inventor!!! (ptsdawayout.com)
- Happiness lies within… (kirtidube.wordpress.com)
- 31 Quotes on Peaceful and Conscious Living (odewire.com)
- The Things Happy People Know (thoughtcatalog.com)
- It’s okay to feel Sad sometimes! (notinindia2012.wordpress.com)
- Experience Happiness (nationalbsd.wordpress.com)