In celebration of National Poetry Month I am inviting all poetry lovers to participate in several activities I have planned. This week I will provide a few prompts for writing poems. Please submit your poems in the comments section.
Some prompts may look familiar because they are the first lines of some well known poems.
1. You may want to change a word in the prompt and then write a few stanzas.
2. Write your poem in any form you wish. You may want to try writing a Tanka, a sonnet, a cinquain or a haiku.
3. Poems should not exceed 15 lines.
1. Write a poem about a special day.
2. “For we can still love the world …”
3. “Who said you should be happy?”
4.”You are all you’ve got.”
5. “How do I love thee”